Monday 8 October 2012

authentic India


I enjoyed taking this picture in black&white mode for a reason. It looks more authentic to my eyes. These bells hang in a shop at the IGI Airport Delhi. The shop focuses on selling traditional "Marhwaarhi culture" (Rajasthan, India) as a whole. They display a huge variety of ornaments, handicraft, fabrics, wall hangings, showpieces, and much more. They also have a beautiful corner that is meant to relax with Ayurveda messages. That would have been an experience to get a message at the Airport before taking my plane to Europe. But time is a barrier, they hadn't started at the hour when I entered and admired the place.



"Nature Spa" is how it is called middle in a busy airport. I appreciated the facility set up by the airport authorities and the Indian tourism. It gives a special Indian treatment to the foreigners who are feeling bored on a place like an airport. The boys who were leading the counter were very friendly too.



The pool in between a busy airport with the rose petals spread in it and a magnificent warm light to make one feel really lazy. There is only one choice left and that is to step into this pool and get a dose of sleep. I recalled the "Maharajas" who took their daily bath in such pools filled with Sandal essence, rose petals and face packs. I too felt like acting one of them.



I had an opportunity to do a small talk with the boys and girls working in the premises. I met with Ashish Trikha a very gentle young man, very friendly. He wanted to take away my camera because he so liked the pictures. "I am still learning to take pictures", I told him. The few minutes that I spent in the shop connected me with the ancient India. I would love to visit it next time and say "Hi" to all those familiar faces. If you get a chance don't miss to step in.

No comments:

Post a Comment